Saturday, January 8, 2011

"You're dressed like you're going to Burger King....do you want to go to Burger King?"

I had a very Liz Lemon night yesterday. 

Liz: I have plans tonight.
Jack: Let me guess, a meatball sub with extra bread and a bottle of Nyquil? Tivo'd Top Chef? A little Bonnie Raitt and lights out?
Liz: No ...
Jack : Oh, so you won't mind me saying that Casey gets voted out tonight.
Liz: You monster! Why must you be like this?!

L went to have his normal Friday Nerd Pack night, but he decided to stay over this time since I had to work the next morning.  As I left work Friday (our later night), I ordered a pepperoni and mushroom stromboli, grabbed a can of throwback Mountain Dew, mismatched unflattering pjs, and settled into bed with my feast and two DVR'd episodes of Top Chef: All Stars.  Funny enough, Casey did get voted out on the second episode.  Then I fell asleep with all the lights on before I could get to my saved What Not to Wear.  10 pm- 6:45 am, woke up, and fell back till 8:45 am since I got to go in late.  And let me tell you, friends, it was GLORIOUS. 

I love spending so much time with L now that we live together, he's my love and my best friend.  But sometimes, we both need a night to ourselves!  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  In fact, it's going to make our snowy weekend all the sweeter!  We want to get some fun shopping done (as opposed to food shopping, ha), clean a little, and then just settle and snuggle in front of the TV on the couch.  We have lots of DVDs, video games, DVR...I love living a simple and fun life.  It's the little things that make me happy.  When I was younger, I used to spend all my weekends trying to have fun adventures, and while I still enjoy that now and then, it's not my main focus.  I am very happy living in domestic bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment