Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Hand me your Stella and fly"

It's funny how life is just so damn good on the chill weekends.  Worked in the morning on Saturday and then hung all day with my bestie and her 8 month old.  Today L and I went to IHOP in the morning and then went to see Captain America (my first time, his second on opening weekend!).  For the record, I loved it.  I totally get why he's all about the legacy.  I agree with him and his friends when they said this should be the kind of movie where you feel propelled to stand up and salute the screen at the end.  Chris Evans was seriously excellent as Steve Rogers.  We did some shopping (new hot dresses, wooo!), came home, and played a new video game.  Well, he played while I messed around on the laptop.

Now it's time for bed and yet another weekend has flown by.  Yet, despite all the action going on, it was surprisingly chill.  I love that, and I hate how it's yet another week beginning tomorrow.  However, I only have a 3 day week because I'm taking a mini-vaca.  Wooooohoo!

I intend to write more in this blog.  And yes, it will be more light-hearted than the last two posts (my friend said I should have a waaaaaaa-waaaaaahhh sound wav when you enter the site), but sometimes I need to get emotions like that out.  It's healthy and necessary.  And some days I just want to chat about my day or pick apart a good book or movie. 

Right now, music is on my mind.  I'm so sad about Amy Winehouse's death, but I don't feel a need to write about it.  I just want to go immerse myself in her Back to Black album like I used to do years ago.  She was truly amazing, and the current music industry is poorer for not having her talent.

However, I will have a need to write about Lady Gaga's absolutely perfect new album.  I am officially a little monster.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment